Volunteers play a very important role with the Southeastern Minnesota Area Agency on Aging. Through volunteers we have been able to reach older adults and their caregivers. Thank you to our volunteers!
Here are some opportunities:
- Help individuals make informed decisions about their Medicare and other health insurance coverage
- Aid individuals in completing necessary forms
- Assist individuals in understanding their Medicare statements
- Connect individuals with available resources
- Conduct community presentations on Medicare, Medicare Fraud & Abuse, Medicare Savings plans, etc.
- Assist individuals who would like assistance completing paperwork
- Support seniors with general financial management
Senior Surf Day Instructor
- Teach basics, hands-on computer and internet skills to seniors who have little or no experience with computers
- Assistant and support Senior LinkAge Line® staff with administrative tasks
- Serve as a representative on the Area Agency on Aging board of directors to help guide the organization to its mission.
Click to view Board Qualifications and Responsibilities.
Click here for a Board Application.
We provide you the opportunity to learn the information needed to effectively help individuals with their questions.
If you would like to become involved or want more information, please
Core Body of Knowledge
- Next training is scheduled for May 2, 3 and 10, 2017
- Contact the Volunteer Coordinator if you are interested in refreshing your knowledge base
Quarterly Volunteer Training
- To be determined.