Kim Voth, SEMAAA, Inc.
2720 Superior Dr. NW, Suite 102
Rochester, MN 55901
September 13, 2019
Short-Term Federal Funding Available for Chore Projects
Serving Older Adults in Southeastern Minnesota
The Southeastern Minnesota Area Agency on Aging (SEMAAA) is pleased to announce the availability of Short-Term Title III-B Funds for Chore services in underserved areas of southeastern Minnesota. SEMAAA intends to fund up to two projects.
Older American Act funds are designated to serve individuals 60 years of age and older. Non-profit agencies, and in some cases, for profit organizations (as approved by the State of Minnesota) are eligible to receive these grants. Grants are not available to individuals.
All applications must:
- Demonstrate the ability of the applicant to provide chore services in SE Minnesota.
- Define the city/county areas to be served by grant funds and demonstrate the need for chore services in the designated service area.
- Clearly state the anticipated number of units and individuals to be served by this one-year grant.
- State project goals and objectives to provide chore services to underserved areas of SE MN.
- Provide a budget that details expenses – maximum (federal portion) of up to $25,000 per project.
If you are applying for other funding through SEMAAA’s grant round process, please note that a separate proposal is required for a Short-Term Title III-B Chore Project application.
Agencies interested in making application must submit a full grant application to SEMAAA by October 18, 2019. Application forms and instructions can be obtained from the Southeastern Minnesota Area Agency on Aging at: 2720 Superior Dr. NW, Suite 102, Rochester, MN 55901, by calling Kim Voth at (507) 288–6944, or e-mailing a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.