Community Living Specialist
The Southeastern Minnesota Area Agency on Aging (SEMAAA) is looking to fill a Community Living Specialist position with the Senior LinkAge Line®.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist older adults to access community supports and services that allow them to return to, or remain in, a community setting.
- Work with nursing home discharge planning teams, home care providers, seniors and caregivers.
- Conduct comprehensive interviews and assess emotional, cognitive, social, financial & functional skills.
- Assist in identifying/implementing support services, goal setting, care planning & face to face follow up.
- Participate in outreach and networking opportunities; and perform accurate & timely documentation in designated client data collection tools.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in Social Work, Registered Nursing, Gerontology or related human services field is required.
- Experience in care coordination and case management is preferred AND previous relevant work experience in county, nursing home, home care, hospital or other health care setting is required.
- Candidates must have experience with activities such as person-centered support planning, discharge planning, knowledge of area home and community-based services, proficiency with computer applications and strong documentation skills.
- A valid State of Minnesota driver’s license, proof of insurance and reliable car is required.
Salary Range $49,000 – $54,000 plus benefit package including PTO, paid holidays, health, dental and life insurance, retirement plan, professional development opportunities. Position is full-time, main office located in Rochester with potential opportunity for working remotely at times.
Resumes with cover letters will be accepted until the position is filled with preference given to those received by 7/8/19. Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: SE MN Area Agency on Aging, 2720 Superior Dr. NW, Suite 102, Rochester, MN 55901. EOE/ADA.